Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Five reasons to invest in a franchise
If you’ve always dreamed of owning your own business, why not consider franchising? The booming sector offers the best of both worlds – not only does it afford you the opportunity to own a slice of a well-known brand, you’ll have the backing and support of an established franchisor.
The beauty of franchising is that it caters to people from all walks of life, such as those seeking a career change, people looking to invest their savings, and even young individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Below are just a handful of the benefits you can expect to enjoy should you invest in a franchise business.
1. Financial gain
Franchising is a secure industry, and the likelihood of franchisees making a profit tends to be quite high. The figures speak for themselves – 90 per cent of all UK franchises are successful, and the industry turns over £13.7 billion per year.
Franchise businesses demonstrated their longevity during the recession, and in 2009 turnover increased by an average of 3 percent1.
1*BFA survey 2010
2. Ongoing support and training
Franchisors generally provide new franchisee with extensive initial training – if they fail to do so then it’s essentially their business that will be at stake. While training will vary depending on the brand and industry, franchisees can expect an induction period of between two and eight weeks, which comprises both theoretical and on-the-job training.
Existing franchisees aren’t forgotten either – franchisors tend to offer refresher courses, and they deliver an annual conference to bring franchisees within the system together to share their experiences and discuss trends within the industry.
Franchisors generally handle national marketing campaigns, with franchisees responsible for local area marketing.
3. Established brand and customer base
When it comes to attracting customers, brands have a powerful pull. Consumers will gravitate towards a brand or product they know, meaning you won’t have to build your customer base up from scratch.
You will not be required to devote as much time to vying for the attention of your local customer base, which means you’ll be able to focus on securing their loyalty through the delivery of superior customer service and a top quality product.
4. Banks like franchises
Banks are generally more likely to lend money to franchisees as opposed to independent business owners, due to the reliability of franchises to become successful.
Franchises with a proven track record are more appealing to banks, as they are less likely to fail. There is no real guarantee that a brand new, independent business will succeed in the long run, and so banks are less likely to lend to lend to such business owners.
5. You’re the boss
Many franchisees talk fondly of the fact that franchising offers them a greater work/life balance and more flexibility than the corporate world.
Franchisees can choose the brand in which they want to invest, and as long as they operate in line with their franchise agreement and the franchisor’s operations manual, they can call the shots when it comes to the day-to-day operation of their business. This includes the hours they work, they staff they hire and the level of local area marketing they choose to engage in.
Courtesy of Reed Commercial
Why Invest in Jim’s Mowing?
We completely appreciate that there are numerous franchise opportunities for you to choose from and it is so important that you take time to research the right business for you.
Apart from a strong desire to join a successful and expanding brand, the principal reasons people give for joining Jim’s Mowing are a change of lifestyle, the ability to be your own boss, a desire for flexible hours, the ability to work outdoors, to have less travel and the confidence of knowing that they have the back up and support of a leading franchisor.
Jim’s Mowing will provide you with all of the expertise required to grow a successful and profitable business in line with your own business goals.
This is the ideal franchise for those who would like:
- An owner run business with high profit margins, low operating costs and high levels of repeat business
- Multiple revenue streams
- An all year round business
- Endless management and growth potential via multiple territory development and Regional Franchisor opportunities
- To be part of an award winning franchise system
- Flexible working – work where and when you choose
- A healthy lifestyle and immense job satisfaction
- Low entry costs – just £15,000 (plus VAT where applicable) plus working capital requirement
- Industry leading Initial and Ongoing training
- A comprehensive franchise package including essential business start up tools and equipment
- Launch marketing support
- Ongoing support and back up of a multinational brand and franchise network
- Ongoing business coaching and support
- Central Enquiry Management System & marketing support – giving you more valuable time out in the field
- First rights of refusal to a territory of 5,000 households and the opportunity to service business in “fallow” territory
- Unique Work Availability Guarantee Scheme to support your business growth in the early stages
- Jim’s Job online software
- Flat rate management and advertising fee structure – the more you earn, the more you see in your own pocket each month
- Bulk buying efficiencies
- Genuine business resale value
- Unlimited growth potential …the only targets you have to meet at your own
- Comfort, support and potential for being associated with a large multinational organisation